Lemon-Butter Tilapia with Almonds
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fillets; cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add butter, wine and lemon juice to same pan; cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve with fish; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with about 2 tablespoons sauce and 2 tablespoons almonds: 269 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 12, 2019
This recipe is simple with simple ingredients and a taste treat every time I serve it. It works as a light dinner on a warm evening or as part of a winter meal. In the winter I may try using chopped walnuts for a heartier flavor.
Feb 1, 2019
Loved this tilapia recipe. Quick, easy and delicious.
May 2, 2016
I was actually a bit disappointed with this recipe. I baked my fish beforehand, but that wasn't the problem. I really didn't think the sauce was very good. I guess it just tasted too lemon-y and I barely tasted the butter and white wine. I don't think I'll use this again.
Feb 3, 2016
So simple and easy, delicious! We will use this recipe again.
Jan 31, 2015
Quick to make and delicious! My picky ten year old gobbled it up!