Tilapia with Lemon Caper Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Sprinkle tilapia with salt and pepper. Dust lightly with flour.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add tilapia; cook until lightly browned and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 3-5 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add broth, lemon juice, butter and capers to same skillet; cook and stir until mixture is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Spoon over tilapia. If desired, serve with pasta and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1 tablespoon sauce: 207 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
May 7, 2019
Fish was great...just go easy on the salt. Sauce was very strong. I was tripling the recipe and I ended up adding an additional tablespoon of butter, and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, and it ended up alright...still might take the lemon juice down a notch.
Jul 24, 2017
I made this with tilapia last week and the entire family loved it. Tonight I'm going to try it with chicken. Be sure to double or even triple the sauce. Such a simple and quick recipe! Thanks!
Jul 14, 2017