Tilapia with Sauteed Spinach
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and paprika. Dip fillets in egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, pepper flakes, pepper and remaining salt. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with fillets; sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/4 cup spinach and 1 tablespoon walnuts : 362 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Mar 31, 2015
Fast, healthy, and delicious! A great recipe to make after work.
Jan 26, 2013
Ohhh yes I would make this again!!!!
Jan 23, 2013
Everyone at my house loved it! It was fast to make and I liked that it took only 1 pan.
Jul 10, 2012
This recipe has two things we are trying to eat more of fish and spinach. Great combination and very easy to prepare. I don't think it needed the walnuts...they didn't add anything to the dish.
May 12, 2012
This was a good, solid recipe. Loved the spinach with it.
Mar 30, 2011
This was very good. I used pecans instead of walnuts. I all used finely diced red/ yellow peppers instead of the red pepper flakes.
Nov 9, 2010
I am just learning to eat fish and this recipe is so good! It isn't fishy at all.
Oct 21, 2010
This was pretty good. Both the tilapia and the spinach were very flavorful!
Jul 24, 2010
This recipe was a keeper, EXCEPT for the walnuts. We didn't care for the added taste or texture. I served brown rice as an accompaniment. This recipe is a "keeper."
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.