Crispy Dill Tilapia
Every week I try to serve a new healthy fish. This dish with mild tilapia is a winner with its fresh dill and delicious panko breadcrumb herb crust. —Tamara Huron, New Market, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together first five ingredients.
- Place tilapia in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; brush with lemon juice. Top with crumb mixture, patting to help adhere.
- Bake, uncovered, on an upper oven rack until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 256 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Dill Heb Crusted Tilapia in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.