My mom and I really like tomatoes, capers and artichokes, so I used them together in this one-pan meal. The best part is that, on a busy night, all of the ingredients are ready and waiting in your pantry or freezer. —Denise Klibert, Shreveport, Louisiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes, artichoke hearts and capers; cook until heated through, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange tilapia over tomato mixture. Cook, covered, until fish begins to flake easily with a fork, 6-8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 3/4 cup sauce: 246 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 886mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Mediterranean Tilapia in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
May 7, 2015
Wonderful!!! It is one of my "go to" fish recipes.
Sep 7, 2014
This dish was easy to make but turned out to be very bland. I was going to throw away the leftovers but my husband saved it by adding cocktail sauce. Still, I wouldn't make it again.