Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place tilapia in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a microwave, melt butter; stir in lemon zest and juice. Drizzle over fish; sprinkle with garlic salt, paprika and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 177 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 21, 2018
This was DELICIOUS. Cut this into 1/4 for just my husband and I. I actually forgot the parsley but I didn't even notice. The freshly grated lemon peel really makes the spices pop. I think this has become our favorite tilapia recipe now!
Apr 4, 2018
Thank you for your kind reviews! Happy that others enjoy it also!! :)
Sep 26, 2016
My husband and I eat fish a couple of time a week. This is a fast and flavorful meal. It's super easy to prepare. Tilapia is a mild flavored fish and the seasonings complement the fish and don't over power it. A perfect blend.
Sep 21, 2016
Excellent and easy
Sep 3, 2016
I'm not a huge fish fan, but am trying to eat more. This recipe will definitely help with that goal. It was fabulous! Light, fresh, bright flavor. Easy to prepare, I did need to cook it longer than the directions stated, but I always tend to do that with fish so it may just be my preference.
Jul 12, 2016
Simple and delicious! Done the entire dish in 30 minutes and my kids ate it up. The only ingredient I had to purchase was a fresh lemon but the zest really added something. I wouldn't change it and would definitely make it again.