Blackened Tilapia with Zucchini Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 large zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Trim ends of zucchini. Using a spiralizer, cut zucchini into thin strands.
- Mix cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, smoked paprika, pepper and garlic powder; sprinkle generously onto both sides of tilapia. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, cook tilapia until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, cook zucchini with garlic over medium-high heat until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes, tossing constantly with tongs (do not overcook). Sprinkle with remaining salt. Serve with tilapia and pico de gallo.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 203 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 31, 2017
I like this recipe
Jul 10, 2017
This is a tasty, light meal. I made it lighter by using a pan which doesn't require any oils or cooking spray. I also added a bit more flavor to the noodles by sprinkling with additional cumin, black pepper and adding some chopped cilantro at the end.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.