Baked Italian Tilapia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, drained
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place tilapia in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with pepper. Spoon tomatoes over tilapia; top with onion and green pepper.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 215 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Jan 29, 2019
I made this delicious fish for dinner last night. I did not have the Italian style diced tomatoes .... only had fire roasted diced tomatoes on hand, so I added a bit of olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder to the tomatoes. Also, I did not drain them before spooning over the fish. Other than that, I made the recipe as posted. The fish was perfectly done and the Italian flavors were a pleasant change from other recipes I've tried. Next time I may try to make this dish using chicken breasts instead of fish. 5 stars for sure!!
Feb 18, 2016
I found this to be a simple and delicious recipe! I didn't have green pepper on hand! I did use a shredded Italian 5-cheese blend, rather than Parmesan cheese and four tilapia filets. Also, I didn't drain the tomatoes-I just spooned the tomatoes and juice over the fish. Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein
Feb 6, 2012
This recipe is so simple and quick. Pefect for a week night. Plus it was delicious.