Creole Baked Tilapia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place tilapia in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, green pepper, onion and Creole seasoning; pour over the fillets.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 166 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 12, 2012
Easy and fast..sauce complements the fish flavor
Apr 2, 2012
Pretty tasty, though it came out pretty wet. Maybe I should have patted the fish fillets dry before baking? Unlike a previous reviewer, I thought the seasoning was great--kicky, but not overwhelming.
Mar 23, 2010
This was good, but a little to much on the seasoning, I will cut it back the next time.