Pecan-Coconut Crusted Tilapia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In a separate shallow bowl, combine coconut, pecans, salt and pepper flakes. Dip fillets in eggs, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, add tilapia and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
Editor's NoteLook for unsweetened coconut in the baking or health food section.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 380 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Feb 7, 2018
Bad recipe. Pan frying was a mess, with crust getting too dark. Needs more flavor. Probably better to bake it as suggested below.
May 21, 2016
The only change I made was baking it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes instead of pan frying, it was AMAZING! Served it with wild rice and steamed asparagus. My husband is a picky eater and even he enjoyed it!!!! This recipe's a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.