Pecan-Coconut Crusted Tilapia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In a separate shallow bowl, combine coconut, pecans, salt and pepper flakes. Dip fillets in eggs, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, add tilapia and cook until lightly browned and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 2-3 minutes on each side.
Editor's NoteLook for unsweetened coconut in the baking or health food section.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 380 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 7, 2018
Bad recipe. Pan frying was a mess, with crust getting too dark. Needs more flavor. Probably better to bake it as suggested below.
May 21, 2016
The only change I made was baking it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes instead of pan frying, it was AMAZING! Served it with wild rice and steamed asparagus. My husband is a picky eater and even he enjoyed it!!!! This recipe's a keeper!