Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the crackers, cheese and salt. Dip fillets in the flour, egg, then cracker mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 287 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Sep 15, 2017
A good, easy dinner! I made it exactly as written except cutting it into 1/4 since that's all the fish I had. This is the first time I've made fish in a frying pan (I usually bake it), so while the first side looked good, the other side was a tad burnt. So keep an eye on your fish. I may have had the pan just a tad too high (my fault). I'll definitely be making this again!
Mar 8, 2017
Very good! Easy to make. Love the cracker crust.
Jul 7, 2015
loved this crispy crust
Dec 29, 2013
sounds delicious but has too much fat.
Aug 19, 2013
I love this recipe! I have never been able to cook fish very well. I always seemed to over cook the fish. This recipe is super easy and delicious! Can't wait to make the recipe again!
May 17, 2013
Very good! My husband loved it very much!
Jul 12, 2012
a big hit with my 4 and 6 year old and my sneaky husband! Tasty and very easy!
Jun 29, 2012
Wonderfully good! What more can I say. Everyone around our table said it was a keeper. Simple ingredients and easy to make, looked wonderful too on the plate. We had the Marmalade Candied Carrots (TOH) and the went wonderful with it and the sauce that spilled over on the fish was a great combination.
Apr 18, 2012
Delicious! I'm not a big fish eater, but this is my favorite fish dish thus far. I made exactly as the recipe instructed, using regular Ritz crackers. The breading is tasty, and that hint of lemon adds the perfect extra flavor.
Apr 1, 2012
Yummy! Very flavorful, tastes better than Olive Garden's!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.