Crispy Almond Tilapia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together egg and hot sauce in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, toss almonds, bread crumbs, lemon peel and spices.
- Halve fillets lengthwise; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip in egg mixture, then in almond mixture, patting to adhere; place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2 fillet pieces: 251 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat.
Mar 7, 2018
This fish is crispy (as the name states) and very flavorful. The only change that I made was using just a dash of hot sauce. Hubby and I both loved it, and we are not the biggest fish fans, so we are always happy when we find a recipe to add to our ‘FISH’ertoire. ??
Feb 5, 2018
Can I use a different kind of fish?
Feb 21, 2017
This is delicious and very healthy recipe!! Love the addition of the hot sauce! Gives it a nice kick!! This will be going on my recipe rotation!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.