Crispy Almond Tilapia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together egg and hot sauce in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, toss almonds, bread crumbs, lemon zest and spices.
- Halve fillets lengthwise; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip in egg mixture, then in almond mixture, patting to adhere; place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2 fillet pieces: 251 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 7, 2018
This fish is crispy (as the name states) and very flavorful. The only change that I made was using just a dash of hot sauce. Hubby and I both loved it, and we are not the biggest fish fans, so we are always happy when we find a recipe to add to our ‘FISH’ertoire. ??
Feb 5, 2018
Can I use a different kind of fish?
Feb 21, 2017
This is delicious and very healthy recipe!! Love the addition of the hot sauce! Gives it a nice kick!! This will be going on my recipe rotation!!