Lemon Shrimp with Parmesan Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook shrimp and onions in butter and oil over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- Stir cheese and parsley into rice; serve with shrimp.
Nutrition Facts1 cup shrimp with 3/4 cup rice: 438 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 908mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Mar 20, 2020
Very good! Fast, simple and delicious! I make this with regular rice. Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor.
Dec 29, 2019
This was fabulous! This Parmesan rice was a great accompaniment to the dish. I added lemon zest and a small amount of garlic to the rice during cooking.
Feb 28, 2019
I made only the rice. Good
Jan 18, 2019
A wonderful break after all of the holiday food! This was delicious and everyone really liked it! I did use one and a half pounds of shrimp in mine and think next time I make it I will add some zuchinni noodles! Great recipe!
Jul 22, 2018
quick and easy... I added some corn and peas for color.... excellent...
Apr 19, 2018
This was really good, didn't have minute rice so I made it with regular rice and my Parmesan was the packaged refrigerator mix of Parmesan and Romano. I will definitely make this again!
Apr 10, 2018
Good recipe next time I will use regular rice though as I think it is worth the extra time.
Dec 27, 2017
So delicious yet light and healthy to boot!
Nov 30, 2017
Recipe looked so good had to try, even though I had to make multiple substitutions: jasmine rice, subbed red onion, no lemon juice, no parsley, subbed celery and artichoke hearts. Served with sourdough bread. Turned out great, but can't wait to try the original recipe!
Mar 8, 2017
I made this recipe tonight. This is definitely a keeper. My husband is still talking about how good it tasted and it's good for you especially with the calories. Very very good, I give it an A .