Chicken and Shrimp with Lemon Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until chicken is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cream; cook, covered, until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drain fettuccine and return to pan. Add sauce; toss to coat.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 443 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Apr 19, 2020
I make similar (usually without the chicken) but I add lemon pepper, old bay seasoning, lots of fresh garlic and chopped fresh parsley. This might solve the bland problem people are mentioning? ??
Mar 29, 2020
I made this for a Sunday dinner. My husband loves it
Mar 1, 2019
Thanks to suefetzer (first reviewer) who pioneered the recipe, we both loved this dish. I already knew I was going to omit the chicken, but based on her observations I sautéed the shrimp with some minced garlic and about 2 teaspoons of seafood seasoning (Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Seafood Magic). Since I was cooking for two I used 1/2 pound of shrimp and halved the remaining ingredients. I also subbed half-and-half for the heavy cream. This will be a wonderful addition to our Lenten meal rotation — not that it we’ll be waiting until next March to enjoy it again!
Jun 29, 2018
Didn't seem to have enough flavor. Not sure how to improve it -- maybe some cheese. I only used shrimp -- added more shrimp.
Jun 21, 2018
It was ok, I think it should have either chicken or shrimp but not both. Maybe saute some garlic in it too. Mine lacked any pizzazz, I kept trying to add spices as I ate it