Chicken and Shrimp with Lemon Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until chicken is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cream; cook, covered, until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drain fettuccine and return to pan. Add sauce; toss to coat.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 443 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 1, 2019
Thanks to suefetzer (first reviewer) who pioneered the recipe, we both loved this dish. I already knew I was going to omit the chicken, but based on her observations I sautéed the shrimp with some minced garlic and about 2 teaspoons of seafood seasoning (Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Seafood Magic). Since I was cooking for two I used 1/2 pound of shrimp and halved the remaining ingredients. I also subbed half-and-half for the heavy cream. This will be a wonderful addition to our Lenten meal rotation — not that it we’ll be waiting until next March to enjoy it again!
Jun 29, 2018
Didn't seem to have enough flavor. Not sure how to improve it -- maybe some cheese. I only used shrimp -- added more shrimp.
Jun 21, 2018
It was ok, I think it should have either chicken or shrimp but not both. Maybe saute some garlic in it too. Mine lacked any pizzazz, I kept trying to add spices as I ate it