Shrimp Linguine with Parmesan Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic in butter and oil for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream and cheese; sprinkle with pepper flakes.
- Drain linguine. Add shrimp and linguine to skillet; cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp are no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 567 calories, 35g fat (16g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 2, 2017
Nov 13, 2017
I've made this a couple times now. Very delicious and easy! Like others, I double the sauce and add Parmesan and red pepper flakes to suite my tastes.
Jul 29, 2017
Delicious! Made it exactly as written, except I had to use fettuccine as I forgot to buy linguine,& everyone loved it. Followed the suggestions & doubled the recipe for the sauce & very glad I did. It's so good! My family loves shrimp scampi, but I'd gotten tired of it. This is a great change from scampi!
May 17, 2017
This was veeery good. I also added fresh lemon juice and some zest, doubled it, and flavoured some bacon with lemon and figs.Omg. My family loves me.Thank you!!!!!
Mar 28, 2017
This dish was GREAT! I added broccoli and carrots to the vegetables and quadrupled the sauce I probably had close to 2 lbs of shrimp. I used equal parts of Parmesan and Ramona cheese also added a bit of oregano, thyme and couple TBS. fresh chopped parsley and just a little pasta water to make it nice and creamy. My husband had 2nd's, that is saying a lot for someone who's usually not crazy for pasta dishes. I've added this recipe to my favorites.
Dec 26, 2016
With all the ingredients we like, this recipe did not disappoint. It was simple and elegant for Christmas Eve dinner. I, too, more than doubled the sauce. This is our new favorite shrimp pasta meal.
Mar 20, 2016
This was amazing and SO easy to make. I threw in the shrimp a little before the cooked linguine, though. I was a little worried the shrimp wouldn't be cooked all the way through. I love how this tastes even better than what you would get in a restaurant.
Feb 22, 2016
Doubled the recipe for a family of six, some little kids, and everyone loved it. Added additional cheese to pasta on the plates. Will make again!
Sep 7, 2014
Very good but added more chopped onion and one more clove of crushed garlic. Also added 1 cup of Asiago cheese.
May 20, 2014
Me and my Wife loved this. Quick and easy and tasted great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.