Grilled Shrimp with Spicy-Sweet Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes15 servings (1/3 cup sauce)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce or 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 45 uncooked large shrimp (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, green onion and Sriracha. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Thread three shrimp onto each of 15 metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Lightly coat grill rack with cooking oil. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts3 shrimp with 1 teaspoon sauce: 56 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 18, 2015
Sauce was phenomenal! Definitely will do again. I did a half batch of shrimp but a full batch of sauce and ate as main meal rather than appetizer.
Aug 18, 2014
Awesome - I will make this one again.
Nov 10, 2013
This was very good, quick and easy