Zesty Marinated Shrimp
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 12 lemon or lime slices
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (26-30 per pound)
- Place first eight ingredients in a large bowl; toss with shrimp. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Drain before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 shrimp: 28 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 29, 2011
a little less red onion, but wonderful!
Dec 26, 2011
Fantastic presentation and tasted wonderful!
Dec 28, 2010
Dec 26, 2010
This was excellent for a day on the boat! Carried well and was a hit. Very flavorful and agree with other users, use fresh ingredients for the best taste!
Jan 2, 2010
I made this recipe for a family Christmas party and it got scarfed up almost before most of the other hors d'oeuvres made it to the table! Easy, too! Use fresh dill not only in the dish but as garnish as well. Fresh lime juice makes a big difference too.
Dec 29, 2009
I would indeed make this recipe again, just not when my third son is at home. He is deathly allergic to seafood and I will not put this dish in front of him.