Grilled Shrimp with Apricot Sauce for 2
Succulent shrimp get a boost of flavor from the bacon and sweet hot sauce. Served on skewers, they make a fabulous addition to a summer menu. —Carole Resnick, Cleveland, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes2 skewers (2/3 cup sauce)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon apricot nectar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 6 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 slices Jones Canadian Bacon, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, apricot nectar and chipotle powder. Chill until serving.
- Thread shrimp and bacon onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 208 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Apricot-Chipotle Dipping Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.