Grilled Lime-Teriyaki Shrimp
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 6 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
Nutrition Facts3 shrimp: 98 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Aug 29, 2016
We love the lime flavor of these grilled shrimp for special occasions. We enjoy adding these shrimp to grilled steak for surf n turf, or grilled shrimp for a seafood feast. Yummy
Aug 24, 2010
This was a very tasty marinade! I broiled the shrimp, and they seemed ready (almost dried out) after only 3 minutes. I cooked the second side for 1 minute. Next time, I will either use larger shrimp, broil for less time, or just grill them. Doubled the recipe and served with brown rice. mmmmmmm
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.