Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cilantro, oil, chives and garlic. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and process until blended. Chill until serving.
- Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with sauce.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 208 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 26, 2017
My husband loves spicy, cilantro and grilled shrimp so this was a must try. I'm so glad I did because he loved it. Next time I will only make half the amount of sauce for him or use half over chicken perhaps.
Sep 2, 2013
I made this for a get together with neighbors and it was a real hit! I'm using extra dipping sauce on fish tacos this week.
Jan 30, 2013
This is really tasty. My whole family loved it. I added some lime juice to the marinade. Served over a bed of orzo.
Jun 24, 2012
The sauce really made this recipe. Fabulous! Marinade was ok but probably any marinade/seasoning would work for the shrimp. Definitely an abundance of sauce. Next time will half sauce or double the shrimp.
May 30, 2012
This is fabulous. Loved it!
Apr 15, 2012
I made this dish for Easter brunch. My family loved it. No changes.
Mar 26, 2012
Tasted OK, but too much work for too little flavor.
Dec 25, 2011
this has become a family favorite. I have used the marinade on scallops and chicken as well as the shrimp.
Nov 24, 2011
Oct 3, 2011
The sauce was a little too spicy, but over all it was delicious.