Butterflied Shrimp Rockefeller
Looking for an alternative to heavy holiday fare? A platter of these light and fresh shrimp bites really stands out in an appetizer spread. —Lee Bremson, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 18 uncooked jumbo shrimp
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails on. Butterfly each shrimp along the outside curve; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the shallots, basil, fennel seed and pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add spinach; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until wilted. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs and lemon juice.
- Arrange shrimp on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spoon 1 tablespoon spinach mixture over each shrimp; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 49 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Butterflied Shrimp Rockefeller in Country Woman Christmas 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.