Grilled Lobster Tails
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 6 frozen lobster tails (8 to 10 ounces each), thawed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Using scissors, cut top of lobster shell lengthwise down the center, leaving tail fin intact. Loosen meat from shell, keeping the fin end attached; lift meat and lay over shell. With a knife, cut a slit, 1/2 inch deep, down center of meat.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over lobster meat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place lobster tails, meat side up, on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat is opaque.
Nutrition Facts1 lobster tail: 446 calories, 29g fat (4g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 869mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 43g protein.
Nov 3, 2015
This was great! Nice flavor!
Aug 27, 2015
What an outstanding recipe! Although my husband and I cut the recipe back a bit to prepare two lobster tails, we found the recipe easy to follow and thought it was the best tasting lobster we've ever had! We'll definitely make it again!
Jun 23, 2014
The only way this recipe could fail to provide a tasty lobster is if directions were not followed or lobster was bad in the first place.
Jun 15, 2014
Excellent. Even our learning-challenged cousin who unfortunately has a difficult time with some recipes...was able to accomplish this one on his own. Well done!As for us, we love it. We've made it a half dozen times already. How SassyLacey in the previous one-star comment failed at this, is beyond me. If our cousin who has a learning disability can do it, I am a little shocked at Sassy's failure.Some people just don't have a knack for cooking.
Aug 18, 2013
Made it with butter. Delicious!
Jun 18, 2013
I am so glad I tried this recipe even after reading the other review! I substituted butter for the olive oil & we LOVED it!! We will definitely be making this again!
Feb 27, 2013
Prepared these for dinner along with a steak. Followed the recipe exactly and they were awful. Glad we had steak to eat for the lobster were not fit to eat. Such a waste of money and time! Would never make these again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.