Grilled Shrimp Panzanella
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
Makes21 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1-1/2 cups Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) ciabatta bread, halved lengthwise
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Pour 1 cup salad dressing in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush bread with 1/4 cup salad dressing. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Cut bread into cubes; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens and remaining dressing; toss to coat. Add the tomatoes, cheese, onion, olives, garlic, shrimp and bread cubes; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 129 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 19, 2014
Since I live alone, I modified the ingredient list to accommodate one person, using a single ciabatta baguette I also used kalamata olives and precooked shrimp to save time. Delicious!