Pancetta-Wrapped Shrimp with Honey-Lime Glaze
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 thin slices pancetta
- 18 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°.Cut each slice of pancetta into three strips. Wrap one strip around each shrimp; secure with a toothpick. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, whisk honey, lime juice and water until blended; reserve 2 tablespoons for brushing cooked shrimp.
- Brush half the remaining honey mixture over shrimp. Bake 5 minutes. Turn shrimp; brush with remaining half of the honey mixture. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until pancetta is crisp and shrimp turns pink.
- Remove from oven; brush with reserved 2 tablespoons honey mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Feb 3, 2020
This recipe was a huge hit at our party. I followed the recipe exactly and it was perfect. Shrimp always have a much better flavor when done in the oven, and this is one of the reasons I chose to make this recipe. Everybody raved about the glaze. It is also a very pretty dish to serve. I wish I could post the photo I took of them! Next time I'll do two sheets, as these were gone quickly and everyone would have liked more!
Dec 11, 2019
This is one of the best shrimp appetizers ever...the honey lime glaze is outstanding...I was able to wrap the pancetta around the shrimp without using toothpicks...the slices were paper thin and did great with the exception of a few that was a tad bit to thin...I loved that they were cooked in the oven...it made for an easy clean up...they look so pretty on the plate I wish I could post a picture here...I highly recommend this tasty treat...