Pancetta-Wrapped Shrimp with Honey-Lime Glaze
Requested every year by my family during the holidays are these shrimp appetizers. We're all familiar with bacon-wrapped shrimp bites, but our version uses pancetta and a honey-lime cilantro glaze. —Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 thin slices pancetta
- 18 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°.Cut each slice of pancetta into three strips. Wrap one strip around each shrimp; secure with a toothpick. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, whisk honey, lime juice and water until blended; reserve 2 tablespoons for brushing cooked shrimp.
- Brush half the remaining honey mixture over shrimp. Bake 5 minutes. Turn shrimp; brush with remaining half of the honey mixture. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until pancetta is crisp and shrimp turns pink.
- Remove from oven; brush with reserved 2 tablespoons honey mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Originally published as Pancetta Wrapped Shrimp with Honey Lime Cilantro Glaze in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.