Shrimp Panzanella Salad
These days I'm cooking for two. After working in the garden, I can dash indoors and have this shrimp and bread salad on the table pronto. —Kallee Krong-McCreery, Escondido, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup cubed French bread (3/4 inch)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, toss bread cubes with oil and garlic salt. Cook over medium heat until bread is toasted, 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add shrimp and garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, avocado, tomato, toasted bread and shrimp; drizzle with dressing and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.
Health Tip: Whole wheat French bread is becoming more popular, but can still be hard to find. Substitute cubed bread from a crusty whole wheat dinner roll to increase fiber in this salad.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 306 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.