Strawberry Panzanella Salad
Always a crowd-pleaser, this strawberry panzanella salad never disappoints. This version is sweet and offers the opportunity to use seasonal fruits in a creative way. For a fun twist, use margarita glasses when serving and rim the glass with sugar and a strawberry garnish. —Careema Bell, Trenton, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 loaf day-old sourdough or Italian bread (1 pound), cubed
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- Mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix berries, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and vinegar; set aside.
- Mix brown sugar and salt. Toss bread cubes in melted butter, then brown sugar mixture. On a baking sheet, bake cubes until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, strain strawberries, reserving juice.
- Layer yogurt, bread, and strawberries in 8 small bowls. Top with reserved berry juice to taste and mint sprigs. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 385 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.