Garden Bounty Panzanella Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces French or ciabatta bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 12 cups)
- 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add half of the bread cubes; cook and stir until toasted, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining oil and bread cubes.
- Combine bread cubes, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onion, basil, cheese, salt and pepper. Toss with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 131 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 11, 2016
I made this the other night for a homecraft/fair potluck. I left some bread in a bowl and the ch. veg in a bowl wit's some dressing for my husband. I took the rest with me. Amazing! Put the dressing on in the last 5 minutes. I used a chic cabana baguette, perfect. This will be a repeat recipe. Janet. VFE
Jul 22, 2016
This was very fresh and delicious! I loved the bright array of veggie in this dish. I did add some extra greens, in addition to the basil. I will never buy croutons after making this salad! The French bread was delicious. I did have to add a tiny bit more olive oil to get the bread cubes nice and toasty. But I loved this salad and will definitely make it again!
Jun 20, 2016
This tastes so summery and fresh! It's a great side dish for barbecues or potlucks and it also was good for leftovers the next day.
Jun 7, 2016
This is GREAT! Bright fresh flavor, lovely color, taste and texture. Great to please a crowd.
May 30, 2016
Seriously... this salad will be my go-to for potlucks. Oh my... SO good! I loved the flavors of the vegetables and dressing but my favorite was the crispy bread cubes!
May 22, 2016
We greatly enjoyed this salad! I added some poached chicken to the mix, and I added some tube basil to the dressing. Delicious!
May 11, 2016
This is verifiably delicious!! Unreal. And less than 200 calories per serving, doubly awesome! And I made the Italian salad dressing using the Taste of Home California Garlic Pepper seasoning. All around yummy! (And I didn't have fresh basil so I threw in some dried.)