Colorful Papaya Panzanella
I like to combine fruits with vegetables with homemade croutons to create "pizzazzy" (my new favorite word) side dishes. This one is as pretty as it is delicious! —Kathleen Gill, Pahrump, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 35 min.
Makes16 servings (1 cup each)
- 1 loaf whole wheat boule or sourdough bread (1 pound), cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 medium yellow zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups cubed peeled ripe papaya
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 8 thin slices sweet onion, quartered
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with 2/3 cup vinaigrette. Transfer to baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, zucchini, papaya, tomatoes, onion and bread. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.