Colorful Veggie Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)
- Prepare vegetables according to package directions; drain. Place half in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine cheese and 4 tablespoons butter; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Pour half over vegetables. Repeat layers.
- Melt the remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 172 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 4, 2019
My husband and I thought this recipe was great! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us, and used 16 oz. of leftover raw veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots) from a veggie tray, which I cooked. The cheese sauce was easy to prepare, and the flavor of the baked dish was outstanding. I can't wait to make this again!
Nov 15, 2016
This is a dish I prepared for Thanksgiving last year and it was very popular with the guests.
Jun 27, 2014
Delicious and easy. I accidentally bought frozen vegs in an Asian sauce, but I thought it was still very good.
Jul 17, 2012
Our whole family loves this veggie bake, and I love how simple it is. We've used this recipe several times already and it's a hit every time, even with our kids and their friends.
Dec 31, 2011
I've made this veggie dish for quite a few years now and we all love it. If there are any left overs they are great reheated in the microwave. Simple to make and pretty to look at.
Feb 4, 2011
We love this recipe! It's so easy and tastes great!
Dec 31, 2007
My mom used to make this casserole and I LOVED it. I make it now for at-home dinners and potlucks at work (I always bring home an empty dish!) This is just as good reheated in the microwave. Yum!