Panna Cotta with Papaya Coulis
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PAPAYA COULIS:
- 2 cups coarsely chopped papaya
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Fresh raspberries and fresh mint leaves
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cream and sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add gelatin mixture and vanilla, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Divide mixture among four dessert dishes. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until set.
- For coulis, place papaya, lime juice and sugar in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Transfer to a small bowl. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- To serve, spoon papaya coulis over panna cotta. Top with raspberries and mint.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 524 calories, 45g fat (28g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 8, 2017
This was pretty simple to make. It sounds and looks very fancy though. The recipe can't together quickly. The part that took the longest was cutting the papaya. After following the directions, there were still a few spots of gelatin that didn't incorporate well. In general, the panna Cotta part was very good, it was thick but creamy. I don't think the papaya I bought was ripe enough, if it was, I would have liked the top better. In the future I would maybe just try raspberry in place of the papaya.