Espresso Panna Cotta
I got this idea after seeing different dessert presentations at various restaurants. The martini glasses make an elegant impression for such a luscious dessert.—Nicole Clayton, Prescott, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dark and white chocolate curls
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in the cream, sugar, espresso powder and salt. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Pour into six dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours longer or until set. Just before serving, garnish with chocolate curls.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 533 calories, 48g fat (30g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Espresso Panna Cotta in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009