Butternut Squash Panzanella Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 cups cubed day-old French bread (bite-sized cubes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1-1/2-inch cubes)
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 cups fresh arugula or fresh baby spinach
- 6 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup salted roasted almonds
- 6 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss bread cubes with oil, chili powder and salt. Spread evenly in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool.
- In another large bowl, combine squash and mushrooms. Add 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add arugula and squash mixture to toasted bread. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, shallots and remaining oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to combine. Top with almonds and goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 361 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 11, 2019
Made this for Thanksgiving and it was a perfect addition to our holiday buffet. I added sweetened dried cranberries and candied pecans instead of the walnuts. The roasted butternut squash, along with the goat cheese and arugula were not only pretty, but absolutely delicious. Will definitely make again!