Shrimp Avocado Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Lime wedges
- Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Mix lime juice, vinegar, oil and adobo seasoning; stir into shrimp mixture. Refrigerate, covered, to allow flavors to blend, about 1 hour.
- To serve, gently stir in avocados. Serve over lettuce or in lettuce leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup avocado mixture: 252 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 523mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jun 19, 2018
These individual lettuce cup salads scaled up a casual dinner party my family was having. We had guests who have food allergies so we customized the little lettuce bowls to accommodate them. This went well with the chicken we grilled!
Mar 18, 2018
Love seafood-will try to get this salad either from a big seafood restaurant or have it made at home-though shrimps are expensive here will try to have it -thanks for recipe.
Sep 1, 2017
I cut the recipe to two servings. I left out the peppers and added apples. So delicious! Thank you, Heidi, for sharing this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.