Chipotle Lime Avocado Salad
I use my music to promote a healthy lifestyle, like eating your veggies. This bright salad is loaded with avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes and a little heat factor. —DJ Cavem, Denver, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, maple syrup, chipotle pepper and, if desired, cayenne until blended. In another bowl, combine avocados, cucumber and chives. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Serve over tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 191 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chipotle Lime Avocados in Taste of Home June/July 2015