Baby Kale Salad with Avocado-Lime Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes4 servings (3/4 cup dressing)
- 6 cups baby kale salad blend
- 1 cup julienned zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine salad blend, zucchini and sweet onion. Place remaining ingredients in blender; cover and process until smooth. Divide salad mixture among four plates; drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups salad with 3 tablespoons dressing: 74 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 9, 2016
We really enjoyed the dressing for this salad. It was very easy to make. I used slivers of Tuscan kale instead of baby kale because that's what I had. I didn't have zucchini, so I added thinly sliced Kirby cukes. I'm thinking this dressing would be great in a pasta salad! It's keeper!