Baby Kale Salad with Avocado-Lime Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes4 servings (3/4 cup dressing)
- 6 cups baby kale salad blend
- 1 cup julienned zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine salad blend, zucchini and sweet onion. Place remaining ingredients in blender; cover and process until smooth. Divide salad mixture among four plates; drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups salad with 3 tablespoons dressing: 74 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jun 9, 2016
We really enjoyed the dressing for this salad. It was very easy to make. I used slivers of Tuscan kale instead of baby kale because that's what I had. I didn't have zucchini, so I added thinly sliced Kirby cukes. I'm thinking this dressing would be great in a pasta salad! It's keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.