Strawberry Kale Salad
This fresh, zingy salad is super easy and always a crowd-pleaser! The sliced strawberries and fresh mint give it an extra summery feel, and crumbled bacon and toasted almonds add the perfect amount of crunch. —Luanne Asta, East Hampton, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch kale (about 12 ounces), trimmed and chopped (about 14 cups)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- For dressing, whisk together first 5 ingredients.
- To serve, place kale, strawberries, bacon and mint in a large bowl; toss with dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.