- 10 cups sliced kale (about 1 bunch)
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- Place kale in a large bowl. With clean hands, massage kale until leaves become soft and darkened, 2-3 minutes; stir in apple.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pumpkin seeds.
1-1/4 cups: 113 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch.