Kale Slaw Spring Salad
My parents and in-laws are retired and like to spend winters in Florida. This tangy spring salad welcomes the snowbirds back for our Easter celebration! —Jennifer Gilbert, Brighton, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 cups chopped fresh kale
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pureed strawberries
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Combine kale and romaine. Add coleslaw mix, fennel, broccoli and red cabbage; sprinkle with feta cheese and sesame seeds. Toss to combine.
- Stir together olive oil and sesame oil. Whisk in honey, vinegar and lemon juice. Add pureed strawberries. Whisk until combined. Dress salad just before serving; top with sliced strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 192 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Kale slaw spring salad in Taste of Home April/May 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.