Spring Pea & Radish Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh wax or green beans
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 cups water
- 6 large radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Snip ends off beans and sugar snap peas; remove strings from snap peas. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Add beans, reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes. Add sugar snap peas; simmer, covered, until both beans and peas are crisp-tender, another 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- Toss beans and peas with radishes. Stir together honey, tarragon, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 50 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Apr 16, 2017
This is a superior recipe! It's easy to make, and the flavors are uniquely delicious. Loved the fact that it called for no oil in the recipe. We greatly enjoyed the crunch of the snow peas and green beans along with the crunch and zip of the radish. Tarragon was the perfect herb to use , and the 2 Tablespoons of honey was just the right amount of sweetness. This is a keeper recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.