Spring Greek Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 4 cups veggie rotini or other spiral pasta (about 12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted Greek olives, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, water, garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in oregano.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, vegetables and, if desired, olives. Add vinaigrette and cheese; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without olives): 142 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 15, 2017
This was really good. You should definitely add the kalamata olives :)
Apr 27, 2017
Excellent took to two salad luncheons and was a hit.
Apr 17, 2017
This is a delicious pasta salad! The dressing is so tasty. I made it for my dad's birthday, and everyone loved it! I will definitely make this pasta salad again.
Apr 9, 2016
Lovely! Full of flavour and makes plenty for a crowd! Thank you for your recipe!
Sep 29, 2015
Great Greek taste. We didn't add in any kind of meat, so I would suggest adding the optional Greek olives if you are just doing the veggie version.
Jun 15, 2015
I thought this salad was great! I was out of oregano, so I substituted Greek Souvlaki seasoning, and it was great. You could tell there was extra lemon pepper and a hint of mint in the seasoning I used, but that really put the dressing over the top. Definitely a hit. I think if I made it again I'd purposely use a seasoning blend.
May 31, 2015
While my family enjoyed this pasta salad, I would add slightly less vinegar next time, and try it with salami slices, as suggested by another reviewer.
Apr 13, 2015
Fantastic!! Whenever I want to make pasta salad, THIS is the recipe I will use. Delicious!
Apr 10, 2015
Wow! This was the best pasta salad! I added pepperoni slices and I diced 1/2 red onion instead of slicing. My family does not like feta cheese, so I used bite size pieces of fresh mozzarella instead. This will be my "go to" salad this spring and summer!
Apr 1, 2015
We loved this salad! I added diced chicken, but I like lolohiser's suggestion to add salami--will try that next time. The vinaigrette was delightful.