Summertime Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- In a large kettle, cook pasta according to package directions. Place frozen vegetables in strainer. Pour cooked pasta and water over vegetables to thaw; rinse and drain well. In a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine salad dressings, dill and garlic salt until smooth. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and dressing; stir gently to coat.
May 21, 2018
Quickest pasta salad! Was scared frozen veggies would be mushy. By only draining hot water over them, they stayed perfect. Recipe easily doubled. Feel free to add any fresh onions, cheese, bacon or cherry tomatoes. As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I enjoy recipes that can be easily customized to my family.
Apr 20, 2015
Love this recipe; so easy and quick. I steamed fresh broccoli, added chopped tomatoes, some bacon bits. Have also made with imitation crabmeat. Always a hit.
Jan 9, 2015
Took this to salad day at work. Was a great, co workers requested recipe. Made by the recipe. Love the favors.
Jul 24, 2014
Love the flavors. I just used onion, olives and tomatoes for the veggies and added bacon bits. Yum.
May 28, 2014
Yummy and so easy! Made it for a picnic and it was it the first dish to go!
Jul 4, 2013
Excellent easy pasta salad. Loved it.
Jun 27, 2012
I just made this for the 1st time... I added chopped onion and fresh chopped garlic and black olives... Delish !! Its a keeper !
Apr 10, 2012
This was very good I had out of town guest who loved it too. We added tomatoes and carrots to the mix. My aunt even asked me for the recipe.
Mar 19, 2012
Dec 12, 2011
I wasn't a fan of this dish. There was something about the dressing (ranch and italian dressing) that just didn't seem right to me. It was a little better to eat once the pasta was chilled in the fridge for a while but I won't be making this again.