Picnic Pasta Salad
I like recipes that use what we grow. This particular recipe has been handed down in our family for years. I can't go to a picnic without it. —Luana Francis, Columbia Station, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups tricolor spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup small pitted ripe olives
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, toss pasta, corn, tomatoes, zucchini and olives; set aside. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all of the dressing ingredients; cover and shake well. Drizzle over salad; lightly toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 299 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Picnic Pasta Salad in Country Extra July 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.