Summer Chicken Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, mix chicken, peas, onions, celery, basil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drain macaroni; rinse with cold water, then drain again. Add to chicken mixture.
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise and remaining lemon juice. Add to salad and mix well. Add peaches and cheeses; toss gently. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with pistachios before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 312 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 17, 2016
This salad was very cool and refreshing - the perfect summer recipe! I switched out the peaches and pistachios for grapes and walnuts.
Jul 4, 2016
I made it .. bought the wrong cheese.. recipe called for gorgonzola, I bought blue.. taste fine! I also switched a green pepper for the peas. Will make this again!
Jul 4, 2016
This chicken salad is refreshing and summery. I omitted the Gorgonzola because my husband doesn't care for blue cheese, but otherwise we really enjoyed the pistachios and the peaches with the chicken. It has a good mixture of textures and flavors!