Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 10 Johnsonville® Original Brats
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- Spicy brown mustard
- Grill bratwursts, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10 minutes, turning frequently. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix the beer, ketchup and barbecue sauce; pour over the bratwursts. Cook, covered, on low for 3-4 hours or until cooked through. Place bratwursts on buns. Serve with mustard and, if desired, cooking liquid.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 480 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1659mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Jun 16, 2018
In Milwaukee, we do not put BBQ sauce on brats. We cook the brats first in beer and onions, then we put them on the grill. Top as you like.
May 27, 2018
Not sure this is really a recipe? Adding ketchup to your favorite Bar-B-Que sauce is a good idea only if you don't like your favorite Bar-B-Que sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.