Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 10 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- Spicy brown mustard
- Grill bratwursts, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10 minutes, turning frequently. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix the beer, ketchup and barbecue sauce; pour over the bratwursts. Cook, covered, on low until cooked through, 3-4 hours. Place bratwursts on buns. Serve with mustard and, if desired, cooking liquid.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 480 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1659mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Jun 10, 2019
My older brother made this for the Memorial Day. Yummy. I mean yummy.
Jul 19, 2018
I thought this was a fun twist on our usual summer bratwurst cookout. Typically, we grill them and then put them in a beer bath but I thought I'd try something new for our annual family potluck. I'll be honest, there were two people who were upset I didn't make the same recipe we've made for over 50 years but everyone else loved them. It's a great way to not have to man the grill when everyone is over and having fun.
Jun 21, 2018
I love bratwurst and I decided to make them different from the beer, garlic, onion, sautee and grill method I always use but this is not the way to do it. I did not care for the taste or texture of this recipe. I think I'll stick with my tried-and-true method.