Pea Salad with Creamy Dressing
I found this recipe many years ago when I was planning a Father's Day party. My dad loved this refreshing crunchy salad so much he's requested it each year since.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine peas, bacon, water chestnuts and onions; set aside. Combine all dressing ingredients until smooth; pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 116 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Pea Salad with Creamy Dressing in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook