Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red onion rings
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a medium salad bowl, combine peas, onion, green pepper and garlic. Stir together all remaining ingredients and pour over vegetable mixture. Chill, covered for at least 12 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 162 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2018
This is very easy salad to make ahead. It is good but seems to lack something in flavor.
Jan 2, 2017
I love this recipe. We make this every New Years Eve and New Year's Day! This is great as a salad and as a salsa with chips.
May 28, 2011
A simple and delicious recipe perfect for any meal or get-together. It is so easy to make and calls for inexpensive ingredients. I love cold salads anyway (they remind of church potlucks from when I was little :) but I particularly like this one because it has lots of flavor but is still mild enough for anyone to enjoy, even if they aren't a fan of onions or vinegar. I will definitely be making this again and again in the future!