Green Beans and Radish Salad with Tarragon Pesto
Whichever way my garden grows, I usually build my salad with green beans, radishes and a pesto made with tarragon. That adds a hint of licorice. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup pecan or walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add beans in batches; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry. Toss together beans and radishes.
- Place pecans, tarragon, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper flakes in a small food processor; pulse until chopped. Add vinegar; process until blended. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Toss with bean mixture.