Sauteed Radishes with Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound fresh green or wax beans, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add beans; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add radishes; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar and salt; sprinkle with nuts.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 75 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Oct 5, 2018
Prep goes quickly on this one, and the only thing I changed was to use pepitas instead of pine nuts. For the first stage of cooking the green beans, mine were on the larger side, so it took almost 6 minutes for them to get crisp/tender. Make sure to keep them moving or they will brown.
May 25, 2018
Pleasant surprise! I've seen many recipes for roasted radishes, this one sounded interesting. It was delicious, and healthy! I saut?ed mine leaving some crunch. A great recipe to utilize a vegetable that only seems to make it to a raw veggie tray.
Dec 31, 2017
I tried this for the first time and my husband LOVED it! A quick favourite in our house! So easy to make!
Apr 26, 2017
I plan on making these for lunch. I have roasted radishes with olive oil and garlic and they are excellent, so I suspect these will be as good! I'll use olive or sesame oil instead of butter though.