Green Beans with Red Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute beans and red pepper in oil for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the vinegar, basil and pepper.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 79 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 8, 2011
This looked awesome on the table and tasted great. We ended up chopping the peppers in 'largeish' chunks as we were using smaller beans. Still looked great. This will definitely be used plently around our house.