Green Beans with Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 pound small, fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium red onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds or pine nuts
- Saute garlic and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in onions; set aside. Steam or cook beans in small amount of water until tender-crisp; drain. Combine beans and mushroom mixture; add pepper and dill weed. Garnish with nuts. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 75 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sep 28, 2016
I bought mushrooms to add to an egg strata and forgot to add them. I used them for this vegetable dish instead. My husband enjoyed them
Jun 25, 2010
Very tasty and easy to make! Will be adding this one to my 'regulars' list of recipes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.